Friday 24 October 2014

Update!



A Picture Heavy Update for Fall

I feel bad for pretty much neglecting this blog but because so many of my sewing projects right now are alternative, Bien Aimée is getting all the attention. I do have some vintage sewing projects planned for the future, in particular I'd like to finish the blouse top that I wanted to do back in August. I also want something special for Christmas as this is me and my fiancé's first Christmas while living together and I want it to be special. So there are vintage things to look forward to. I'm also going to do a vintage Halloween post next week for Halloween. If you're a Halloween fanatic like me (if you aren't already following Bien-Aimée) I have a series called Frightful Fridays that you might want to check out. I even included a simple pirate costume tutorial!

As for vintage finds, I didn't think this was worth posting an entire Thirft Store Score post for, but I purchased two brightly coloured petticoats for five dollars each! That's a real score. The pink one is photographed in the main photo for this post. I normally don't like petticoats sticking out from underneath dresses, but in this case it looks HOT! The other petticoat is a very light cyan blue.

So just to give a simple update, I've been enjoying the fall weather. My fiancé and I went on vacation on Thanksgiving weekend and I loved it. The foliage was beautiful. I don't have the pictures from my vacation with me but I do have some pictures we took on our walk the other day. So if you're wondering what's going on in sunny Southern Ontario, this is what it looks like.







I really hope I can one day get a DSLR because the camera on my phone has this obnoxious tendency to over-saturate the crap out of things! I'm proficient in Photoshop now and I still can't save these pictures from being super saturated. It doesn't seem to know what green is... or blue. It can be really frustrating. None the less, the foliage here is gorgeous! You can click the images to enlarge them.

Other than that, I love my job and I'm still seeking additional employment. I'm told my hours will pick up for the holiday season, which is exciting news. I've also had time to relax and enjoy being with my fiancé, which has been a blessing. I went fishing and caught one bass and one sunfish. I haven't done much crafting but really hope to get into that soon. I missed the boat on Halloween crafting but I think I'll start the Christmas projects as soon as November hits.

I hope you're all having a lovely fall! What have you been up to?

Happy Sewing ♥



8 comments:

  1. LittleGothicHorrors26 October 2014 at 22:30

    Wow! Those autumn pics are glorious! (It's spring in my part of the world. *le sigh*) I'm glad to hear things are going well for you!

    "Bien Aimée"? Is that another blog you've started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful autumn colours! Breathtaking and that dress is such fun!
    Melanie @ follybird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love fall, I dread winter lol so I'd be ecstatic if spring were next. My friend's son asked her when spring was coming... she didn't want to tell him it would be another six months!
    I'm glad you found my other blog, I hope you find it to your liking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that is what sunny Southern Ontario looks like. I haven't been to another country yet >.< The leaves color are beautiful. Here, we are enjoying (not really) rainy season! Anyway I like the dress, ponytails make it cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to another country either! I'd love to travel all over the world some day. :) I don't mind rain, that's what we have right now, but it'll turn to snow soon lol.

    ReplyDelete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!